Nanomaterials and Safety in the Workplace
- Building a Safety Program to Protect the Nanotechnology Workforce: A Guide for Small to Medium-Sized Enterprises (NIOSH, 2016) A guide on how to develop a nanosafety management program with a focus on small and medium enterprises, where resources may be limited.
- Health and Safety Executive’s (HSE) COSHH Essentials. A step-by-step online tool that helps users determine the best control methods based on the chemical and the process task.
- Approaches to safe nanotechnology: managing the health and safety concerns associated with engineered nanomaterials (NIOSH, 2009) “A review of what is currently known about nanoparticle toxicity, process emissions and exposure assessment, engineering controls, and personal protective equipment.”
- Safe handling of nanomaterials and other advanced materials at workplaces [go to following link: www.baua.de/en/Research/Research-Project/f2268.html ] (Nano to go! NanoValid Project)
- Guidance on the protection of the health and safety of workers from the potential risks related to nanomaterials at work (EC, 2013). A guide specifically for employers to fulfill their regulatory obligations whenever exposure to nanomaterials or use of nanotechnology is likely to take place.
- Best practices guidance for nanomaterial risk management in the workplace (IRSST, 2015) A comprehensive best practices guide to help develop a prevention program for nanomaterials covering general background information, hazard identification, exposure characterization, risk assessment, laws, prevention, and risk management.