TAPPI's International Nanotechnology Division
The NanoDivision is a forum of scientists, technical professionals, students and other stakeholders who work to advance the research, development, and deployment of renewable nanomaterials to help meet the materials needs of people and society, share and disseminate knowledge and information on responsible production, use, and disposal of renewable nanomaterials, and advance the science and technology supporting the production, modification, and end user applications for renewable nanomaterials. Each year, the Division hosts the International Conference on Nanotechnology for Renewable Materials (e.g., the NANO conference), which has established itself as the preeminent technical conference on the production, research, development, and application of cellulose nanomaterials and other renewable materials.
The History: TAPPI’s International Nanotechnology Division (NanoDivision) was launched in 2011 as a new division within TAPPI after several years as a large committee. TAPPI, the leading technical association from professionals in the pulp, paper, packaging, tissue and allied industries, has eleven divisions representing the various markets it serves.
What does the Division do? A LOT!
The NanoDivision is responsible for:
- Planning the annual NANO conference
- Develop books and webinars to provide information, both general and detailed, to audiences all around the world
- Promoting the use of renewable nanomaterials
- Providing a forum for researchers and scientists to gather and share information and needs
- Engage today’s students to become tomorrow’s leaders